1943 GMC CCKW 353 H1
Issued to the 24th Engineers October 1943 during training in Texas.
Transported to the UK January 1944 as part of material build up and training for the invasion of Europe.
24th Combat Engineers were deployed to Europe July 11th 1944, and started seeing action as of July 17th as part of Gen Patton’s 3rd Army.
After diverting from their primary task to relief Bastogne the 24th Engineers continued their drive across Germany ending in Czechoslovakia at the end of the war in Europe.
In 1946, 24th Engineers were called back state side and the trucks were given to the Netherlands under the lend lease agreement.
The truck was imported back to Britain in 1990 where it has passed through several hands and been restored to its former, full functioning, glory.